So.....the weather is getting warm and the time has come to finally get rid of all of those extra clothes. Are you ready for that? Do you feel good about your body? We could ALL use some toning and strengthening. OPERATION: Beach Body will do that for you!!
Operation: Beach Body will introduce two exercises a week that will target a part of the body. Exercises should be done daily! Each week we will build on the last week's exercises. By the end of the 6 weeks we will have completed a full body workout AND have the blueprint to a healthier new you! I guarantee that if you stick with this program for 6 weeks you will have more energy and renewed motivation to live a healthier lifestyle. WHO'S IN?
25 Body Weight Squats
25 Calf Raises
Body Weight Squats target your quads, butt, hamstring and abs.
- Start with feet shoulder width apart
- Hold your arms straight out in front of you during the whole exercise (try not to let them bend)
- Lower your body as low you can by pushing your hips back and bending your knees (hips should be far enough back so that your knees stay behind your toes)
- Keep your back straight and all weight on your heels (quick check: you should be able to wiggle your toes at any point during the squat)
- Pause with your knees bent for 3 seconds then raise back up to starting position
Beginners: To ensure you are using proper form, use a chair behind you during the squat. Your butt should brush the chair (try not to sit fully).
Experienced Squatters: Hold your arms straight up over your head.
Calf Raises target your calf muscles (soleus and gastrocnemius)
- Start by facing a wall (or back of a chair) for balance with feet shoulder width apart
- With hands on wall or chair, raise your heels as high as you can until you are on your toes (all of your weight should be on the balls of your feet)
- Hold this position for 3 seconds then lower the heels back to the ground
Experienced Calf Raisers: Stand on the edge of a step with heels hanging off of the step then raise up to your toes - please hold railing or wall for balance
Do one set of these 2 exercises every day. IF you are unable to finish all 25 of either of these exercises DON'T BE DISCOURAGED! Do as many as you can and try again every day! You will be surprised how fast your body adjusts. Don't forget to stretch a little before and after doing these and all exercises - this will cut down on muscle soreness.
I look forward to hearing about your progress throughout the week!